In case you’re looking for ways to get your eCommerce website in front of the eyes of more potential customers online, SEO, or search engine optimization is one of the most effective long-term avenues by which you can do so.
SEO is a collection of practices that result in the optimization of what we call “ranking signals,” that indicate to Google that a website is an authority and should be ranking higher.
So, if you’re looking for an eCommerce SEO specialist, here’s what you need to know.
First, What Are Ranking Signals?
A ranking signal is a feature of a website (and sometimes, a feature of something associated with a website) that indicates to a search engine’s crawlers that the website in question is (or is not) an authority for a search term or a query.
There are a wide range of ranking signals, and some signals, like content, have multiple ranking signals associated with them and are many layers deep.
Regardless, these are some of the specific items that an eCommerce SEO specialist can address for your eCommerce store.
Alright, Let’s Hear Them
Each of these ranking signals can be classified into one of four main pillars, being technical SEO, on and off-page optimization (or on and off-page SEO), and content, which is its own pillar.
First, an eCommerce SEO expert has to perform keyword research in order to develop a cohesive organic marketing strategy for an eCommerce business.
Then, they will optimize the following ranking signals (depending on the scope of work)
● Check for, optimize or implement a robots.txt file and an XML sitemap.
● Audit site speed and rectify.
● Address site security issues.
● Fix broken links and disavow toxic backlinks.
● Conduct an SEO audit to discover duplicate content and adjust or remove it.
● Optimize alt data.
● Adjust URL structure as necessary.
● Optimize title tags, meta descriptions, and other on-page factors.
● Suggest changes to web design or landing pages that will benefit user experience.
● The eCommerce SEO agency will distribute guest posts and sow backlinks to its client’s online store.
● If present, the agency will optimize social media profiles or GMB listings in order to improve overall organic visibility.
● Providers of SEO campaigns will either optimize existing category and product page content or create new, optimized content or posts.
● Experts will audit and revise content on existing CMS pages.
● SEO experts will also create new, optimized content in the form of blog posts, press releases, and other content to be used on and offsite.
Why Does It Matter?
Each of these ranking signals, when optimized, will indicate to Google that your website is a favorable entity that should be seen as an authority in its niche.
Therefore, the more ranking signals that are optimized, the better the cumulative efforts of an SEO campaign will be, and the more likely organic traffic and conversion rates are to rise.
What Else Can They Offer?
Many eCommerce SEO specialists not only offer SEO services but also other organic marketing services such as content marketing, email marketing, and social media management.
Some also offer PPC marketing, as well as web design, development, and support services.
Where Can You Find a Qualified eCommerce SEO Specialist?
If you’re looking for experienced eCommerce SEO specialists, look no further than 1DigitalⓇ Agency (1DigitalAgency.com). They have ten years of experience with SEO specifically (and digital marketing, generally) and have served clients successfully in upwards of thirty different industries, all over the world.
Visit their website to learn more about their services or get in touch with them by phone at 888-982-8269 for more information.