Formed in 2002, Tragus is one of the UK's largest independently owned restaurant operators with over 295 sites across the country serving over 21 million meals every year. Our exciting portfolio of leading brands includes Café Rouge, Strada, Bella Italia and Belgo with offerings ranging from inspired pizza and pasta to delicious French classics, all presented with flavour, imagination and passion.
Tragus is backed by The Blackstone Group, a global private investment and advisory firm, founded in 1985. The firm has raised a total of more than $67 billion for alternative asset investing since its formation of which approximately $30 billion has been for private equity investing. The Private Equity Group is currently investing its fifth general private equity fund with commitments of $15.6 billion, and has over 60 experienced professionals with broad sector expertise. Blackstone’s other core businesses include Private Real Estate Investing, Corporate Debt Investing, Hedge Funds, Mutual Fund Management, Private Placement, Marketable Alternative Asset Management, and Investment Banking Advisory Services. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com
Tragus' head office is on Eversholt Street in central London and we also have a training and menu development centre in Finchley, north London.
Our vision is to be the UK’s best mid-market multi branded restaurant operator by consistently delivering great food and service in distinctive and attractive restaurant surroundings.
- To grow organically by opening new restaurants.
- Continually developing and improving our existing brands through ongoing menu development, marketing initiatives and investment in the estate.
- Improving profitability through disciplined management and the use of technology and procurement initiatives.
- Ongoing investment in people through training and development programmes.
- Providing excellent customer service.
- To acquire groups of sites or brands which enhance our portfolio.
- Looking at new opportunities and styles of eating.